Holidays like Thanksgiving require some serious sartorial consideration, because putting together a getup that strikes just the right balance of style and function is key. Restrictive duds are totally out of the question (because hello, PIE), but sweats aren’t exactly going to make the cut either. The perfect solution to this holiday style dilemma? These 13 cute and comfortable frocks. They’ll keep you looking fly and feeling fab from cocktail hour straight through to the last slice of — you guessed it.
1. ASOS Premium Sequin Stripe Polo Mini T-Shirt Dress ($269): Like wearing joggers at the office, there’s something totally satisfying about rocking a t-shirt to a holiday get-together. Win best-dressed guest status with zero effort in this relaxed, shimmery number.
2. Banana Republic Seamed Shift ($160): Fuss-free, yet totally fun, this bright bubblegum number packs plenty of polish without compromising on comfort. For an unexpected edge, rock it with chunky platform loafers or oxfords.
3. Zara Velvet Dress ($70): Made with soft velvet fabric, this ruffled shift dress puts up a luxe front, but beneath the surface it feels cozy and carefree. Now this what you call the perfect cheap party dresses.
4. COZ Long Blazer Dress ($135): One-and-done duds make holiday dressing shockingly easy; so even if you’re pressed for time you can show up to Thanksgiving dinner looking flawless. And with an adjustable belt, you’ll be comfy all night long.
5. Pink Clove Geo Print Wide Leg Jumpsuit ($54): OK, maybe it’s not a dress, but a jumpsuit will totally do you right style-wise. Rock it with simple pumps or pointed-toe flats for an on-point look in just minutes.
6. Loft Turtleneck Sweater Dress ($90): Consider the sweater dress the ultimate holiday party outfit. With a few simple accessories, it majorly delivers in the sartorial department, but it’s those post-dinner hours where it’ll really shine. Packing both comfort and style, it’ll never steer you wrong.
7. Zara Sleeveless Dress ($40): A relaxed-fit shift dress is the epitome of polished comfort, meaning you don’t have to worry about offending grandma with your comfy duds. Pair it up with a snuggly turtleneck knit and block heel boots.
8. Ecote Off-the-Shoulder Swing Dress ($69): Boho is the way to go this Thanksgiving if you’re looking for an ensemble that’s no-fuss and fun. This sunny yellow number feels festive and fall-inspired, plus the flowy silhouette means thirds can totally be a thing.
9. Silence + Noise Oslo Plunge Mini Dress ($79): Consider turkey day a warmup for all those holiday parties ahead and kill it in a mod mini dress with a relaxed silhouette. Bell sleeves add major of-the-moment flair, while sleek leather ankle boots introduce a cool edge.
10. Cooperative Magnolia Shift Dress ($79): Knocking your Thanksgiving look out of the park doesn’t have to mean donning stiff, uncomfortable duds. Rebel against the whole fashion-is-pain thing with an effortless, eye-catching frock that is all sorts of stylish.
11. Banana Republic Leather-Front Tee Dress ($298): A loose-fitting leather dress will fast become your frock of choice for any and every occasion. Chic, sleek and incredibly easy, it has instant polish written all over it. Rock it with pointed-toe flats, ankle boots or metallic-accented loafers.
12. Topshop Drape Front Tunic Dress ($40): Layered over legings or worn on its own, this laid-back tunic will score you a style point or two when you walk through the door. Style it with a minimalist collar necklace and over-the-knee kicks.
13. Zara Dress With Bell Sleeves ($23): Simple though it might be, this flare-sleeved stunner is sure to draw a few compliments at your Thanksgiving table. Style it with a funky drop earrings and ankle boots.
What will you be wearing this turkey day? Tell us in the comments!