For every Halloween aficionado, there are tons of people who low-key hate dressing up. And that’s totally fine. Not everyone needs to plan their costume out months ahead, go HAM at the local craft store, and rack up a list of savvy pop-culture references sure to blow everyone’s mind. But, even those who would rather stay home in their pajamas on October 31 have likely experienced the FOMO that comes with missing out on the holiday (or at least, the parties) altogether — and that inevitably leads to throwing on a pair of cat ears at the last minute and calling it a day.
This year, why not be a little more prepared? The 12 fashionable costumes ahead are from brands you already know and love — a.k.a no “sexy” spandex will be found here — but are still completely low-maintenance. And though some may require a slight explanation, at least they don’t call for any hot glue, wigs, or wings; meaning you can probably wear them again post-10/31. Click on for our ideas, and who knows? You might even have a little fun dressing up this time around.
1. With one dress, you’re a bat. Boom. Done.
ASOS Petite Halloween Bodycon Dresses Online, $41, available at ASOS.
2. Lazy bones. Get it?
American Apparel Unisex Glow Skeleton Fine Jersey Crewneck T-shirt, $28, available at American Apparel;
American Apparel Unisex Skeleton Cotton Spandex Jersey Funky Leggings, $32, available at American Apparel.
— PAID —
3. Devil in a red dress? How about devil in a red sequined bodysuit. Just add horns and you’re good to go.
H&M Sequined Bodysuit, $29.74, available at H&M.
4. The only question with this: Are you more of a Raven, Adrienne, Kiely, or Sabrina?
River Island Red Leopard Print Roll Neck, $48, available at River Island.
5. To infinity and beyond.
Esqape Treq Reflective Pants, $110, available at Dolls Kill.
6. Be the solar system — styrofoam balls not included — or, be Adele at this year’s Brit Awards.
& Other Stories Sequin Starburst Maxi Dresses Online, $395, available at & Other Stories.
7. To be honest, we want to wear this jacket on a regular day. But, it’s an added bonus that you can also wear it on Halloween and go as a race car driver.
Hyein Seo Embroidered Corduroy Jacket, $700, available at Shop Super Street.
8. A librarian? A Gucci campaign star? This one brings a lot of options.
Front Row Shop Colorblock Graphic Print Mock Dress, $73, available at Front Row Shop.
9. 2016’s version of the Tin Man.
Nastygal Future Perfect Turtleneck Top, $58, available at Nastygal.
10. For a pop-art look that screams Lichtenstein IRL, just add makeup.
UNIF BOP Long Sleeve, $78, available at UNIF.
11. Who runs the world? You.
Lord Logan Who Runs The World Womens Bathing Suits, $272 $176.80, available at Lord Logan.
12. Would you like fries with that?
Wildfox Super Fries Finger Food Gloves, $51, available at Wildfox.
12. Looking for the laziest costume, ever? Simply wear your pajamas. And if you even feel like taking things to the next level, carry bananas all night long.
Whistles Wild Thistle Yolke Pyjama Set, $212.26, available at Whistles.