Want a perfect manicure? Why not let yourself be tempted by the American pose? Zoom on this method which embellishes the nails. Your expert nail supplier Maryton will give you ideas!
American nail art, what is it?
The American pose is a method of applying false nails that stands out for its speed and simplicity. This technique requires specific capsules entirely pre-made with gel. Unlike other techniques, the capsule must cover the entire surface and be applied as close as possible to the base. In addition, it doesn’t damage the nail underneath and is easily removed by soaking your fingers in acetone.
How to do an American pose?
With the right technique, the American pose is very simple and quick to perform. If it is always better to entrust your nails to professionals, you can also start alone. It is possible to buy professional manicure kits in stores or online.
- A cuticle pusher
- A nail file
- A polishing block
- A soak-off gel
- A capsule kit
- A UV/LED lamp
- Some nail polish
- Wash and disinfect hands and nails
- Prepare the nails: remove the cuticles, degrease, primer…
- Mattify the part in contact with the nail inside the capsule
- Place gel inside the capsule
- Carefully place the capsule
- Check that no air bubbles have formed and that the gel doesn’t overflow
- Catalyze the capsule under a UV lamp for a few minutes
- File the last details and give the nail the desired shape
- Apply the varnish of your choice
- Feed your nails